Saturday, May 16, 2015

Surely You Jest, Ol' Fellow

"Sammy Davis Jr., extraordinarily talented song and dance entertainer, you know."
"Once in a movie starred as an American cowboy."
"American cowboy, that icon of the wild west."
"Prompted an intrepid film critic to write:  'It is not enough to act like an American cowboy, one must look like a cowboy."
"American cowboy, daunting height, big-boned, angular jaw, bold-eyed, rough, tough, butt-kicker, straight shooter, hard riding, filling scenes of the Ol' West.  Sammy's small body strained to reach five foot, seven."

"Reminds me of a European man propositioning a black dude:  'Say, me Pedro, me speak Spanish'."
"Centuries before, you know, an Arab said to black people:  'Follow me, I give you Arab name, Arab religion'."
"Other European man say, repeat after me:  'Me Jorge, me speak Portuguese'."
"And another say, repeat:  'Me Francois, me speak French'."
"Still another was told to say:  'Me Sam, me speak English'."
"And in the 1960s came a roar with fire and bullets:  'Look in mirror, you look Arab, look like European?  Need own identity, own culture.  Hear black this, black that; contradict what you see in mirror.'  But parents and grandparents rejected that roar."

"Now, they whimper, smothered by their incompetence in 21st century, confusion in self, hear 'All men created equal' -- and still piggy-backing on other peoples' identity.  But black leaders, preachers, teachers, politicians, community organizers have no culture to counter those spending their only life on this Earth piggy-backing on the identities of non-blacks.  So,by example, they teach them to hustle the race-card, blame whites for all their problems, provoking them to violence . . ."
"With terrorists inside and outside our borders, you speak culture change?  After centuries of the European touch, I say, that damsel there in the bikini doeth look a bit light of cheek . . ."
"Softer to cuddle, I do openly and heartily swear."
"I say ol' fellow, surely you jest.  You're quite mad, you know."
"Laughter down empty halls.  Per chance t'is pure folly, you know.  But as that great one, dear ol' Ben Franklin, has said:  'We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately'."







No comments:

Post a Comment