Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Jungle Fever

"Hee! Hee! Ho! Ho! Ha! Ha!  Hear ye! Hear ye!  Ladies and gentlemen, sit back comfortably before your TV while we bring you once again what has become known here in Pissaruin as  the Jungle Fever -- just a moment, I see a man shouting something, sir, sir, excuse me -- "
"You talking to me . . ?"
"Yes sir, I -- "
"Is you blind, you can't see that um's a woman . . ?"
"Oh, excuse me, I'm so sorry.  You have the boisterous voice of a man . . ."

"You don't see these long plaits of a woman that I  have . . ?"
"Is that hair?  I thought those were ropes attached to your hair . . ."
"Well, up close they is ropes, but from a distance when I've had time to untwine'em and dye'em blond or red they looks like real hair . . . you see, we was back in the jungle for the summer, resting up, when we was suddenly called up to do this performance lak we did last year here in Pissaruin -- we was called Dem Lives back then, but now we changed that to Jungle Fever, that gives it a better show-biz sound -- "
"Do you plan to tear up, loot, and burn, and get people injured and arrested like last year . . ?"

"Let's jes say we hopes to put on a good show for our TV audience all over the world lak we always do -- don't they always say in show-biz, 'Break a neck' or a leg or sump'um lak that?  It was nice talking to you, but now I got to git back to strutting my stuff . . . ."
"Thank you, sir -- I mean miss . . . there you have it ladies and gentlemen, the beginning of the first of many episodes -- we hope for your entertainment -- of the newly named Jungle Fever here in Pissaruin, fresh out of their short rest in the jungle and ready to raise hell like they did last year . . . so stay informed through our TV station as to when and where the Jungle Fever will tear it up and tear it down next . . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment