Monday, September 21, 2015

Stuff That Sentimental Spot

"If I said that I'm a Christian would you believe me?"
"Sure."
"Why?"
"Why would you lie about something like that?"
"People will say whatever is to their advantage."
"But I know your background.  You attended church."
"I also went to a Muslim school and there was the Muslim influence in my home, and some people think I'm a Muslim."
"Islam means 'peace' people say, and Muslim terrorists worship in mosques, but that doesn't mean that everyone who worships in a mosque is a terrorist."
"And some 'Christians,' preachers, politicians, and criminals, attend churches and cathedrals and march with rioters to try to justify violence against police . . . community agitators, as I once was, use the church as a cover for their radicalism."

"People do things when they're young that they later aren't proud of . . ."
"But I was a grown man when I associated with preachers who preached anti-American and anti-Jewish sermons."
"How can people call themselves Christians and hate Jews?  Jesus was a Jew."
"I'll admit that when Muslims are slaughtering Christians and vowing to kill all Americans and Jews that if a Christian's actions seem partial toward Muslims his or her identity as a Christian is suspect.  Yet, if my childhood among Muslims was pleasant can't you understand why I might have a sentimental spot in my heart for that experience?"
"Let's just hope that sentimental spot doesn't give a certain Ayatolla a sentimental nuclear bomb."

No comments:

Post a Comment