Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Happy New "Upside Down" Year

"I'm not calling any man or woman a cake, sir."
"Then, doctor, why're you telling me about flour, and butter, and pineapple and that stuff?"
"Didn't you say, sir, that you want to remain the same as  you are,  never change?"
"That's right.  I wanna celebrate that news with my wife when that clock strikes 12 and that ball drops on Times Square in New York."
"For the thousands you're paying me I'll make that possible or give you your money back.  Now I want you to think of making a cake.  I know you'll agree that one needs flour for that.  If you choose cheap ingredients you're going to  have a cheap cake, an imitation cake . . ."

"And, doctor, I don't like anything cheap.  I want the best."
"The flour is the body of the cake, meat, bones, blood, and brains, and, sir, you're blessed to be a fine specimen of well-muscled manhood . . ."
"I'll not lie, doctor, never approved of lying, I've always put the best ingredients in my body --"
"Truth, intelligence, courage, ambition, these are excellent ingredients to put in a good body -- not destructiveness, ignorance, rioting, looting, burning, whooping and hollering to Jesus on Sunday and lying on white police and other whites on Monday, hawking black people this and black people that, but wanting only the identities of Anglos, Spaniards, French, Portuguese, and Arabs, people who don't identify as black; these are the ingredients that hypocritical people cultivate in their worthless subculture and pass on to their children generation after generation . . ."

"Doctor, thank God those negative ingredients don't touch me anywhere."
"Then, sir, I can assure you that like a pineapple Upside Down Cake, you, with all your wonderful ingredients, you're going to look and be the same no matter which way anybody looks at you, up or upside down or all around."
"And, doctor, I know my wife will be happy to know that."
"Happy New 'Upside Down' Year, sir, and pay my secretary on the way out."

No comments:

Post a Comment