Saturday, June 13, 2015

Esoterically Speaking

"There're more whites who can qualify as black than you and all these people running their mouths about 'their black this' amd 'their black that,' and I can prove it."
"You talking crazy . . . better stop smoking all that stuff."
"What makes you black?"
"I was born black, raised black, and live in the black world."
"So, if I brought you a newspaper in Chinese could you read it?"
"You know I don't speak no Chinese?"

"So you can't enter the Chinese world.  You're limited to the world of English, a European language, language of white people.  For years whites in the Peace Corps have been going all over Afrika teaching Afrikans and learning Afrikan languages.  And some years ago I met a sister who had been in the Peace Corps in Tanzania and she was disheartened because she didn't know what she could do with her Swahili here in the U.S. where so-called blacks want to speak only European languages."
"That ain  got nothing to do with me."

"What I'm saying is that just as European languages represent white worlds, Afrikan languages represent black worlds, Asian languages Asian worlds.  If you can't speak any language but a Eruopean language you're locked in a white world.  So if a white-looking woman says that she's black, you're a part  of her and she's a part of you --"
"You ain calling me -- on the sly -- a homosexual, is you"
"No, I'm --"
"You bet' not be.  You're a brother like me, but you bet' not be calling me no homosexual . . ."

"I'm just trying to show you that all these so-called blacks locked into European languages are more a part of a white world than a black world and if they're part of white, white -- ipso facto -- is a part of black, especially if they're one of those thousands and thousands of whites who know even only a little of some Afrikan language they can enter a black world and can qualify as a black more than you, esoterically speaking."
"Eso . . . what?  You better stop smoking all that stuff."

No comments:

Post a Comment